SIBLEY EAST INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT #2310 ARLINGTON-GAYLORD-GREEN ISLE, MINNESOTA
The School Board of ISD #2310 met in regular session on Monday, August 16, 2010, at the Arlington Campus. Chairperson Karl called the meeting to order at 6:34 P.M. Members present: Brandt, Dolan, Dose (departed at 7:30), Karl, and Woehler. Member absent: Asmus
1. Dolan/Dose approval amended Consent Agenda items including minutes of August 2, 2010; district payments of $354,479.84; personnel items; and staffing update. 5-0
2. Lynn O’Brien presentation to the Board concerning the district’s State test results.
3. Mark Erickson presented information about a County-supported feasibility study for a Fiber to the Home network.
4. The Board granted its intent to support an easement provision on district property in Gaylord.
5. Gaylord Street project paving of Court and Cleveland should proceed at the end of August.
6. Dolan/Woehler to certify December 20, 2010, @ 6:00 P.M. for Truth-in-Taxation Hearing. 4-0
7. Enrollment projection continues on the upswing; as of August 10, an actual total of 1207 students are expected.
8. Approval of resolution to grant Michelle Dahn, Jayne Irhke, and Stephen Jones authority to make Electronic Funds Transfer on behalf of the district. 4-0
9. Reports-Increased elementary enrollment; 6th grade orientation and Kindergarten Open House; Parent-Teacher conferences on September 7-8; Sibley County Fair booth; the ongoing audit by Eide Bailly; Steering Committee and Flexible Learning Year updates; MDE on-site visit concerning online application; and reported break-in at the Arlington site.
10. Next Board meeting scheduled for September 20, 2010, @ 6:30 P.M.
11. Adjournment at 8:26 P.M.
Sibley East ISD #2310
Arlington-Gaylord-Green Isle, Minnesota
Brian Asmus, Clerk
The complete minutes and all pertaining documents are available for review in the Sibley East District Office (202 3rd Avenue NW, Arlington) or online at www.sibleyeast.org
Publish Sept. 23, 2010